Delivered in collaboration with the School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, the course focuses on engineering, creative applications and contextual study at the intersection of music and technology.
Core modules provide a solid base in both disciplines; you’ll gain an understanding of circuit analysis, audio signal processing, sound and music technologies, and engineering and musicological research skills. You’ll study digital media engineering and embedded systems while creating your own electronic music. Project work will equip you with skills for a variety of exciting careers.
The Music, Multimedia and Electronics course from University of Leeds is designed to equip you with skills and knowledge for a range of careers in which research skills and knowledge of technical systems are beneficial, including digital media, software programming, audio and consumer electronics, broadcasting, studio engineering, music editing and production, as well as postgraduate study.
On graduating, you could consider a variety of roles in fields such as innovative music product design, testing and implementation, software and programming for both music apps and general IT applications, audio hardware design, innovative musical performances and/or composition, music-related career routes such as composition, music production and music education, work in the electronics industry – especially in the areas of embedded systems and hardware/software interfacing – and academic research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Circuit Analysis and Design
- Digital Electronics and Microcontrollers
- Music Research Skills
- Electronic Music
- Computer Music
- Sound, Technology, and Music
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Music Media Studies & Mass Media View 399 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: AAB If these don't include A level Music, we would normally expect an essay/discursive subject and evidence of Musical Literacy.
- AAB including Mathematics and/or Music Technology. Normally students will have studied Music, but if you have not, you should demonstrate or provide evidence of previous practical and theoretical experience in the field of music technology, electronic music, or computer music.
- Where an A-Level Science subject is taken, we require a pass in the practical science element, alongside the achievement of the A-Level at the stated grade.
- GCSE: English Language at grade C or above (or an appropriate English language qualification), plus grade B or above in Mathematics.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.