- Provide students with a grounding in the empirical study of behaviour and of psychological processes and to acquaint them with the major facts, theories and debates in contemporary Psychology;
- Provide an up-to-date curriculum that is delivered to a high quality and is informed by scholarship and research;
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and techniques to identify and investigate psychological issues and problems empirically and ethically;
- Support and meet the needs of students from varied educational and personal backgrounds so that they have the best opportunity to meet the demands of degree-level education;
- Ensure students develop the core skills of critical thinking, communication, and employability, which provide a sound basis for progression into work and/or further study.
With an accredited Psychology (Child Development) (Hons) course from London South Bank University and an appropriate postgraduate qualification you could go on to be a chartered psychologist in health, clinical, forensic, child and educational or occupational psychology. You’re also equipped for a career in counselling, teaching, the probation and courts services, market research, HR or business – there’s no such thing as a traditional career path for psychology graduates.
If you do go on to become a chartered psychologist, your everyday duties would vary depending on the speciality. An occupational psychologist works to maximise employee performance and increase job satisfaction; a clinical psychologist makes positive changes in clients’ lives.
Chartered psychologists in the NHS can earn £25,500-£34,000 a year, rising to £40k+ with experience.
The British Psychological Society
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychological research methods
- The psychology of learning and memory
- The psychology of feelings
- The psychology of behaviour with others
- The psychology of thinking and communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Childhood Studies View 116 other Bachelors in Childhood Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at London South Bank University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Level BBB or;
- BTEC National Diploma DMM or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions and 21 Merits or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 120 UCAS points
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.