The Engineering programme at the Oxford Brookes University combines technical expertise with creativity and imagination. We develop your technological knowledge before you enter industry. You can specialise in a range of areas, including;
Students progressing to a degree subject at Brookes are often the most successful graduates and have even resulted in some becoming full-time members of staff for the department.
Students who leave after the Foundation Diploma can use this qualification as an entry into degree studies at most Universities. Those who seek employment can access the University Career Service, which assists students in researching companies, careers and how to apply for a job.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals and Applications of Technology
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Basic Electronic Engineering Principles
- Foundation Engineering Mathematics
- Introductory Mathematics
- Foundations of Computer Programming
- Engineering Applications
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 2352 other programmes in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCSE: Maths at grade 5/B; English Language at grade 4/C minimum normally required
- be in appropriate employment
- have a minimum of two years' relevant work experience.
- A reference from your employer to support the application will be required.
- Applicants must also satisfy the foundation degree interview requirements.
Applicants aged under 21 should normally have:
- a minimum of two subjects at A-level or Applied A-level, with three or four at GCSE or O-level
- a National Certificate or Diploma or other equivalent qualifications, such as GNVQ/NVQ or other Level 3 vocational qualifications
- Advanced Diploma Level 3
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.