The Fine Art (Hons) programme at the Oxford Brookes University will introduce you to a range of practices that link traditional skills and approaches with alternative media such as sound, video and installation.
You will develop imaginative and informed fine art practice and the ability to analyse and discuss contemporary art.
The Professional Practice module will help to strengthen your practical and professional skills, preparing you for employment, further study, or self-employment.
Many of our graduates continue to work as artists, generating their own projects as well as working for others through commission or on community-based projects. Others go on to careers as teachers, arts administrators, art therapists and arts journalists, or continue their studies at postgraduate level.
A supportive and intellectually challenging environment is provided to enable you to:
- develop into a confident, reflective and self-motivated graduate
- become a skilled and practical maker, exhibiting high levels of professionalism
- acquire skills that will enable you to thrive in the art world and wider society
- learn to articulate your views and ideas, and to communicate clearly about your work and the work of others.
The professional strand of the course will enable you to maximise these skills for employment, postgraduate education or self-employment and will provide you with opportunities to engage with a range of arts-related professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fine Art Practice: Media and Context
- Fine Art Practice: Studio/New Media Practice
- Introductory Technical Skills for Artists
- Fine Art Theory: Modernism and Avant-Gardes
- Fine Art Theory: Postmodernisms
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 584 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS Tariff Points: 104
- A Level: BCC
- IB Points: 29
- BTEC: DMM
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.