Behind every live or studio performance lies a fascinating array of modern audio technology. This BSc Audio and Music Production (Hons) course Production at Liverpool John Moores University gives you an opportunity to learn about the theories and concepts which underpin the use of this equipment, enabling you to work independently, solving practical problems and identifying solutions which help performers, producers and directors get the best results.
It is important to note that while this course includes some elements related to artistic matters, it is not an arts-based course. Furthermore, students are expected to engage with other media production theories and techniques where audio plays only a part, albeit a significant one.
The advent of new computer-based technology has profoundly altered the way we create, capture and deliver audio content. In order to secure a career in the audio/music-related industries, you will need to gain and demonstrate the competence and confidence to work effectively with this technology.
Graduate opportunities include working as sound engineers or in sound production working in television and radio companies, theatres, event venues and music recording studios. Many graduates have also started their own recording/production companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Audio Technology
- The Media Industry
- Spreadsheets and Data Presentation
- Audio Production Technology
- Practical Audio Production
- Sound Technology
- Radio and Podcasting
- Audio Recording
- Broadcast Standards
- The Media Entrepreneur
- Live Performance Operations
- Broadcast Studio Operations
- Sound for TV, Film and Games
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Media Studies & Mass Media View 392 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum points required from qualifications 112
- We are looking for students who are keen to learn new skills and develop those they already possess. We want students with the ability to: be creative with ideas and concepts, moderate their creativity with logic, be enthusiastic and thirsty for knowledge, communicate effectively and confidently and understand and adapt to a wide range of issues connected with the subject. It is also important that students are able to manage time and tasks effectively as an individual and as part of a team, use appropriate sources to find and organise information and select and critically evaluate information in order to analyse problems
- If you would like to develop these skills further, have a strong interest in this subject area and want to work effectively within it, then this is the course for you!
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Full-time industrial placement year fee: £1,850 per annum
- Full-time international placement year fee: £3,650 per annum
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.