This is a four year course with an embedded Honours program.
Occupational therapists play an important role in the lives of individuals and communities enabling participation in occupations of self-care, productivity and leisure. To do this, occupational therapists need to know how humans function, and need the skills to practice competently and safely.
You will learn how to analyse and assess occupational performance; apply and evaluate interventions to enable occupational performance; and collaborate and communicate effectively with clients and their families and colleagues.
Work placement during the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy is offered by Australian Catholic University
Fieldwork and clinical placements are undertaken throughout the course, working with people across the life-span to help them overcome physical, cognitive or societal barriers to participation.
The ACU Bachelor of Occupational Therapy has been developed to ensure new graduates will meet the competency standards of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) and Occupational Therapy Council (OTC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology for Allied Health
- Human Biological Science
- Foundations of Occupational Therapy
- Health and Occupation
- Musculoskeletal Structure and Function for Occupational Therapy
- Pathophysiology for Occupational Therapy
- Self and Community: Exploring the Anatomy of Modern Society
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 288 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate, including studies in science. Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
- The Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) program is embedded into years 3 and 4 of the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Pass) program. To be eligible to apply for admission to the Honours program, a student must have completed 160 cp from years 1 and 2 of the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy pass degree, with a grade point average of at least 5.50.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39472 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39472 AUD per year during 48 months.
National8763 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8763 AUD per year during 48 months.
In a CSP, the Australian Government subsidises the cost of your course. You’ll pay the remainder, known as the student contribution amount.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.