The Nutrition and Exercise Physiology program offered by Washington State University combines study in exercise science, human nutrition, biological sciences, and social and psychological sciences with hands-on clinical experience.
The program is co-located in Pullman and Spokane. The first two years, focusing on general education and science prerequisites, are taught in Pullman. The junior- and senior-year courses are taught in Spokane, where the University's close relationship with major medical centers provides unique opportunities for clinical experience.
Strengths of the program
- The only degree program of its kind in the Northwest region — a unique approach integrating exercise and nutrition.
- Learn from internationally recognized faculty whose research-based recommendations serve as American Dietetic Association standards for textbooks across the nation.
- The Health Sciences Building at WSU Spokane features state-of-the-art research labs, clinics, and other facilities.
- Gain real-world experience with worksite internships in Spokane, a regional medical hub with 13 area hospitals, and in other locations in the region.
The degree in nutrition and exercise physiology prepares graduates to meet the nationwide demand for health care professionals. Graduates can work in a variety of settings:
- Clinical programs in rehabilitation institutes, hospitals, and clinics
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Community and public health settings
- University and worksite wellness programs
- Exercise and health promotion
- Commercial fitness centers
- Personal and sport-specific training
- Nutrition therapy
- Diabetes education
- Foodservice operations
- Food and nutrition-related businesses and industries
- Private practice
After completing the degree, students are eligible to take the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) exam to become a certified ACSM Exercise Specialist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strength Training and Conditioning: Theory and Application
- Foods with Application to Physical Activity
- Biomechanical Analysis
- Vitamin and Mineral Metabolism
- Nutrition Assessment and Lifestyle Counseling
- Exercise, Diet, and Disease
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
- National: The fall semester admission priority application date for first-year students is January 31. You can still apply after this date on a space-available basis
- International: WSU accepts international undergraduate applications at any time of year and operates on a rolling admission basis.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Nutrition & Dietetics View 432 other Bachelors in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To be considered for admission to Washington State University as a freshman, a student needs to complete at least 12 years of school, culminating in an appropriate secondary certificate or external examination. (We may consider the first year or two of university in some countries to be secondary level.)
- Schooling should include preparation in humanities, mathematics, basic sciences, and social sciences.
- WSU requires a minimum grade point average of 2.70 (on a 4.00 scale) for admission as an international freshman.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27113 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27113 USD per year during 48 months.
National13156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13156 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State5498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5498 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Pullman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.