The Computer Science (Bioinformatics) from University Teknologi Malaysia is offered on full-time basis and is based on a 2-Semester per academic session. Generally, students are expected to undertake courses equivalent to between fourteen (14) to eighteen (18) credit hours per semester. Assessment is based on courseworks and final examinations given throughout the semester.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Ability to acquire and apply theory and principles of Computer Science and Bioinformatics, and equip with social science and personal development knowledge.
- Ability to design and construct computer programs using standard approaches.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve real world bioinformatics problems through principles and methodologies.
- Ability to present technical solutions to a range of audience
- Ability to think critically and creatively in order to solve problems
- Discrete Structure
- Programming Technique
- Digital Logic
- Technology & Information System
- Graduate Success Attributes
- Malaysia Dynamic
- Malaysian Studies
- Thought of Science and Technology
- Malaysia Language for Communication
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
The application is open from August until November for February intake and from March until June for September intake.
DisciplinesBiology Computer Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 87 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Obtained a Diploma in Computer Science from UTM/equivalent with a minimum CPA of 3.00; or for candidates with a CPA below 3.00 but have a minimum of two or more years of working experience in the related area of study will be eligible to apply for a place to study at the university.
- Obtained a credit pass in Mathematics in their SPM/equivalent examination or a minimum grade B- in any of the Mathematics Courses taken at the diploma level.
- Candidates are required to submit the results transcript of all their examinations taken during their Diploma study (semester one until the final semester) to UTM. A copy of the diploma or a letter of completion of study will also have to be submitted together with their applications.
- Passed the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) with minimum result of Band 1.
International3892 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15569 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
National589 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2359 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
- National: 10,760 RM
- International: 71,000 RM
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.