The Computer Science (Graphics and Multimedia Software) from University Teknologi Malaysia is offered on full-time basis and is based on a 2-Semester per academic session. Generally, students are expected to undertake courses equivalent to between fourteen (14) to eighteen (18) credit hours per semester. Assessment is based on courseworks and final examinations given throughout the semester.
Programme Learning Outcomes
After having completed the programme, graduates should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to acquire theory and principles of Computer Science and equip with social science and personal development knowledge.
- Ability to design and construct computer programs using standard approaches.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve real world problems using computer graphics and multimedia tools and techniques.
- Ability to think critically and creatively in order to solve problems.
- Ability to continuously integrate computer science and software engineering knowledge and skills through lifelong learning process.
- Mathematics for Computer Graphics
- Probability & Statistical Data Analysis
- Programming Technique
- Computer Organisation and Architecture
- English Communication Skills
- System Analysis and Design
- Data Structure and Algorithm
- Network Communications
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
The application is open from August until November for February intake and from March until June for September intake.
DisciplinesGraphic Design Video Games & Animation Software Engineering View 21 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Obtained a Diploma in Computer Science from UTM/equivalent with a minimum CPA of 3.00; or for candidates with a CPA below 3.00 but have a minimum of two or more years of working experience in the related area of study will be eligible to apply for a place to study at the university.
- Obtained a credit pass in Mathematics in their SPM/equivalent examination or a minimum grade B- in any of the Mathematics Courses taken at the diploma level.
- Candidates are required to submit the results transcript of all their examinations taken during their Diploma study (semester one until the final semester) to UTM. A copy of the diploma or a letter of completion of study will also have to be submitted together with their applications.
- Passed the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) with minimum result of Band 1.
International3892 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15569 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
National589 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2359 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
- National: 10,760 RM
- International: 71,000 RM
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.