The Electrical Engineering programme from University Teknologi Malaysia has been designed to emphasise not only on the understanding and acquisition of basic principles and skills in the field of electrical engineering, but also on a wide range of subareas including electronics, control systems, instrumentation, signal processing, telecommunications and power systems.
The SEEEH/SEEE/SKEE programme also provides the students with the opportunities for developing analytical, critical and constructive thinking skills in addition to communication, team-working and life-long learning skills in order to prepare the students for careers as electrical engineers in industries, public sectors, or continuing education at postgraduate levels.
Students of the Bachelor of Electrical Engineering with Honours programme are expected to have the following outcomes:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and electrical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Ability to conduct experiments and researches, perform analysis and interpret data for complex engineering problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate, investigate and synthesis of information to solve complex engineering problems.
- Ability to use appropriate techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, instrumentation, software and hardware necessary for complex engineering practice with an understanding of their limitations.
- Ability to design solutions for complex system, component, or process within a defined specification that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Ability to articulate ideas, communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Circuit Analysis
- C Programming Techniques
- Engineering Mathematics
- English Communication Skills
- Philosophy and Current Issues
- Appreciation of Ethics and Civilizations
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Digital Electronics
- Engineering Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
The application is open from August until November for February intake and from March until June for September intake.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 49 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Senior High School Certificate or equivalent pre – university qualifications. See more details for the entry requirements based on country; and
- Pass the English Proficiency requirements; and
- Pass the UTM interview (for Bachelor of Architecture & Bachelor of Science Industrial Design).
International4111 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16446 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
National614 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 EUR for the full programme during 48 months.
- National: 11,200 RM
- International: 75,000 RM
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.