In the Systems Design Engineering program from University of Waterloo, you’ll examine the people, materials, tools, software, and other factors involved in any engineering problem. You’ll learn to look at the system as a whole and assess how one change will affect another element, using a variety of modelling, analysis, and design methods.
- Our project-based approach gives you lots of opportunity to apply your learning to real problems. Plus you’ll get two full years of work experience through our co-op program.
- Once you graduate, your options are wide open: our grads go on to engineering consulting, project management, graduate school, medical school, startups, and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanics of Deformable Solids
- Systems Models
- Optimization and Numerical Methods
- Biomedical Measurement and Signal Processing
- Fundamental Engineering Math
- Numerical and Applied Calculus
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Design View 21 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts – current school - Upload using QUEST
- Transcripts – previous school(s) - Upload using QUEST
- English language test results (if applicable) - To be sent directly from testing centre
- Admission Information Form - Complete and submit using QUEST
International61300 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61300 CAD per year during 36 months.
National17100 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17100 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.