Some of the greatest scientific discoveries have occurred within the field of biology, including the mapping of the human genome, identifying the structure of DNA, and how photosynthesis works. All of these revelations happened because dedicated scientists looked at the world a little differently.
- At University of Waterloo, you’ll dive into your Biology major right from day one. And with more than 80 biology courses available, you’ve got plenty of options.
- From microbes and genes to plants and zoology, we've got something for anyone who's passionate about living systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plants and Civilization
- Invertebrate Zoology
- Microbial Ecology and Diversity
- Cell Biology of Human Disease
- Communication in the Sciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Genetics View 85 other Bachelors in Genetics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts – current school - Upload using QUEST
- Transcripts – previous school(s) - Upload using QUEST
- English language test results (if applicable) - To be sent directly from testing centre
- Admission Information Form - Complete and submit using QUEST
International42700 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42700 CAD per year during 36 months.
National7700 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.