If you are fascinated by the world around you and want to understand how life on earth evolves, adapts, and interacts, then this Biology degree is for you. Biology is the science of life, investigating levels of biological organisation from molecules up to ecosystems. The thread of evolutionary theory runs through all levels of this course, explaining the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of an organism’ structure, function, and behaviour.
The Biology (Hons) degree from University of South Wales provides a strong theoretical grounding and many opportunities to develop practical skills and experiences. Our students have access to state-of-the-art research laboratories, and can learn field research skills in the varied habitats here in south Wales and further afield.
Our Biology degree is accredited by the Royal Society of Biology, the professional body for biologists, so you can rest assured that this course provides the ideal preparation for a career in the field of biology.
There is high demand for Biology graduates. Graduates of our biology degree have found employment in a range of fields, including environmental consultancy, hospital laboratories, the food and drink industry, and teaching. Many biology undergraduates progress to MSc courses in the biological sciences. You may also choose a postgraduate research programme, such as a Masters by Research or a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microorganisms and the Dynamic Cell
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biological Research Skills
- Evolutionary Botany and Zoology
- Principles of Ecology
- Biological Chemistry
- Human Molecular Genetics
- Frontiers in Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 107 other Bachelors in Molecular Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typical A-Level Offer
- BCC - CDD to include Biology but to exclude General Studies (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC - CD at A Level to include Biology but to exclude General Studies (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Applicants taking Science A levels in England will need to pass the practical element alongside achieving the requested grade(s)
- BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Pass in a relevant subject which must include Biology modules (this is equivalent to 112-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 29 overall including a score of 5 in Biology at Higher Level. You will also need to obtain a score of 5 or above in English at standard level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.