Number of scholarships to award
Awarded annually to students pursuing a Bachelor of Commerce degree at Athabasca University (AU). The award is intended to recognize students who demonstrate academic excellence and reside in rural or remote areas of Canada. Applicants must be fourth year students.
The scholarship is worth $1,000.
An applicant must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this award:
- Be a current, Bachelor of Commerce program student, preference will be given to students in the Accounting major.
- Have completed the third year of the program and are entering the fourth year of the program (must be in the final 30 credits of the program).
- Reside in a rural or remote area of Canada (not a major City) is preferred.
- Demonstrate academic achievement of a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a fully completed application, to the Student Awards Administrative Assistant within the Office of the Registrar at AU by the deadline.
Study experience required
Once you have completed the application form, please visit our award submission portal to submit it.