Design is an accelerating factor which plays an important role side by side with productivity and management.
The first year of the Design programme offered by the University of Nairobi is general and introductory in nature. The second and third year courses place a greater emphasis on design theory and studio courses. During the fourth year of the course, students are required to major in either two dimensional or three dimensional areas of design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elementary Social And Culture Studies
- Fundamentals Of Freehand Drawing
- Basic Print Techniques
- Two Dimensional Studies
- Communication Skills
- Principles Of Instrumental Drawing
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Anyone with qualifications with the following is eligible for the degree course:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) holders of overall mean Grade C+ with a minimum of C+ in (a) Mathematics (b) English/Kiswahili (c) Biology/Physics/Chemistry (d) Any subject from Group III (History & Govt., Geography, Christian Religious Education, Islamic Religious Education, Hindu Religious Education), Group IV (Home Science, Art & Design, Agriculture, Aviation Technology, Computer Studies) or Group V (French, German, Arabic, Music, Business Studies).
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) or equivalent
International1448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1448 USD per year during 48 months.
National1448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1448 USD per year during 48 months.
- 157,500 KSHS per year
Living costs for Nairobi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.