Architectural Studies programme offered by the University of Nairobi runs a two-tier degree programme ultimately leading to the qualification needed to register as an architect. The programme has a 4 year part that earns the Bachelor of Architectural Studies(B.A.S.) and a further 2 years leading to Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch).
The B.A.S. degree opens up a number of career paths but only graduates of B. Arch can register as Architects as per the relevant laws.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Technology & Services
- History And Theory Of Architecture
- Building Science 3 (acoustics)
- Housing & Human Settlements
- Architectural Design
- Architectural Conservation
- Interior Architecture
- Landscape Architecture
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Initial Entry Requirement
- Students who register into the course are registered for Bachelor of Architectural Studies/Bachelor of Architecture (B.A.S./B. Arch.). The course itself is designated as Bachelor of Architectural Studies /Bachelor of Architecture. Candidates are eligible for admission into the course in the following categories.
- Diploma Candidates: Candidates must have attained the KNEC Diploma in Architecture, Building Construction or related fields with a credit pass or equivalent.
- In categories (iii) and (iv): Candidates may be required to present portfolios and appear for interviews.
International3257 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3257 USD per year during 72 months.
National3257 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3257 USD per year during 72 months.
- 360000 KES
Living costs for Nairobi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.