The Mathematics programme offered by the University of Nairobi aims at producing a well focused graduate with a potential for further training in mathematics and related disciplines. The programme provides for five main areas of specialisation: Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research and Actuarial Mathematics.
Successful completion of the programme provides qualifications which enables the mathematics graduate to:
- Work with scientists, engineers or economists to solve complex and practical problems with modern mathematical methods.
- Use modern mathematical techniques and modify appropriate methods.
- When necessary develop new mathematical models, supported by his broad general knowledge.
- Pursue postgraduate studies in mathematics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication Skills
- Basic Mathematics
- Plane Geometry
- Computational Mathematics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
All applicants should hold one of the following minimum qualification or equivalent:
- Mean grade C+ at KCSE plus at least grade B in Mathematics.
- Diploma in Statistics
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Diploma in Education, with mathematics as a major subject.
- A-level: 2 Principal passes in maths/physics, maths/chem, maths/geog, maths/econ.
International3969 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147 USD per credit during 48 months.
National3969 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147 USD per credit during 48 months.
- 16,000 KSHS per credit
Living costs for Nairobi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.