The Actuarial Science programme at the University of Nairobi offers course units in Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research and Actuarial Mathematics.
- Insurance Companies: Valuing financial contracts and investing funds.
- Consultancy: Offering advice to occupational pension funds and employee benefit plans.
- Government Service: Supervising insurance companies and advising on the national insurance.
- Actuaries are also employed in the stock exchange, in industry, commerce and in universities.
- To be successful, actuaries must have a definite liking for mathematics. Mathematical ability isnt the sole criterion for success. Actuaries must be able to handle the financial, administrative and human relations problems that occur in business
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals Of Actuarial Mathematics
- Principles Of Economics
- Principles Of Operations Research
- Advanced Calculus
- Introduction To Analysis
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Elements Of Linear Algebra
- Probability And Statistics
- Introduction To Statistical Inference
- Introduction To Time Series Analysis
- Computational Methods And Data Analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To be admitted into the degree of Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science candidates must meet the minimum University and School of Mathematics entry requirements.
- Mean grade B+ at KCSE plus at least grade B+ in Mathamatics.
- Diploma in Statistics or Diploma in Computer Studies.
- Diploma in Education , with Mathematics as a major subject.
- A-level :Two principal passes in Maths /Physics, Maths/Chem,Maths/Geog, Maths/Econ.
- A degree in a mathematical subject from a reconized university.
International1902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 951 USD per semester during 48 months.
National1902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 951 USD per semester during 48 months.
- Year 1: 103,500 KSHS per semester
Living costs for Nairobi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.