These systems consist of people, capital, material equipment, information and energy. Their aim is to increase the productivity of the organisation and create wealth. The Industrial Engineering programme is offered by University of Pretoria .
Industrial engineers design, test, implement and manage a wide range of man/machine systems for production and the delivery of services. Organisational matters that require optimisation include site selection and layout of facilities, manufacturing, inventory control, materials handling, supply chain management, quality management, cost control, financial services, maintenance, reliability, computer simulation, information systems, human resources and business law. Since almost any organisation could benefit from the services of industrial engineers, they are employed in a wide variety of organisations in the industrial, business and service sectors. Typical activities of an industrial engineer are:
- designing, implementing and managing production processes and equipment;
- designing and improving plant layout;
- designing and improving business processes;
- functional design and implementation of information systems;
- developing and implementing performance criteria and standards;
- providing support with decision-making;
- scheduling activities;
- analysing systems with the aid of mathematical and simulation models;
- undertaking economic evaluations of alternatives; and
- integrating new systems in an existing environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electricity and electronics
- Humanities and social sciences
- Graphical communication
- Materials science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will close when the available study spaces are filled (close on availability of space). All applicants are therefore strongly advised and encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible after 1 April and to check the application site regularly.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 16 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in South Africa
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with school-leaving qualifications other than the South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examination Board (IEB) should meet the following admission requirements for undergraduate studies at the University of Pretoria.
- The first requirement to study a bachelor’s degree in South Africa is a Universities South Africa (USAf) exemption. USAf coordinates and issues exemption certificates based on the prescribed requirements stipulated in the gazetted exemption regulation. All applicants who obtained a school-leaving qualification other than the South African NSC or IEB, must submit a Certificate of Complete Exemption* or Foreign Conditional Exemption obtainable from USAf. The University of Pretoria no longer accepts exemption based on mature age.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6930 USD per year during 48 months.
National3465 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3465 USD per year during 48 months.
- SADC Countries: From $3 465–3 661
- Non-SADC countries: From $6 930–7 322
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.