The program provides coverage of diverse subjects in computer science including computer architecture, computer networks, database systems, distributed computer systems, programming languages, software engineering, computer applications, and computer science theory.
Program Educational Objectives
The expected accomplishments of graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program at Qatar University are:
- Establish successful computing careers in business, industry, and government that will contribute to the economic development of the country, the region, and beyond.
- Apply analytical, design, and implementation skills to formulate and to innovatively solve computing, business, and interdisciplinary problems.
- Contribute effectively to society and the computing profession by fostering effective interaction, ethical practices, and communication skills, while pursuing further education through lifelong learning.
- Pursue advanced studies if they so desire.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Computer Ethics
- Discrete Structures for Computing
- Programming Concepts
- Programming Concepts Laboratory
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming Laboratory
- Data Structures
- Object-Oriented Modeling
- Computer Architecture and Organization
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 3 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Qatar
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All applicants to Qatar University must complete a minimum of 12 years of formal education and their transcript results must be certified by the appropriate educational agency.Qatari Secondary School Certificate
- General Secondary Schools: The 12th grade final high school percentage is used when considering applicants from General Secondary Schools.
- Independent Schools: Graduates from Independent Schools in the academic year 2009/2010 onwards are admitted according to Qatar Senior School Certificates (QSSC) on the basis of the final total result for the last year.
International6870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 229 EUR per credit during 48 months.
National6870 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 229 EUR per credit during 48 months.
- National and International Students: 1000 QAR
Living costs for Doha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.