Themes running throughout the Veterinary Science course from University of Bristol instil the importance of professional skills, animal health and welfare, and veterinary public health, which underpin all veterinary disciplines.
For the first three years you will be based at the main university campus in Clifton, with at least one day a week spent at the clinical campus in Langford. Years four and five are taught at the Langford campus, with an extended, lecture-free, final clinical year.
It is a requirement of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons that all UK veterinary students undertake 38 weeks of extra-mural studies on farms and in veterinary establishments. Bristol Veterinary School has a dedicated EMS team who can help you find suitable placements.
The typical percentage of time spent in different learning activities for this course based on student choices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Studies
- Animal Management
- Animal Health Science Foundation
- Animal Health Science
- Animal Disease
- Clinical Veterinary Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 206 other Bachelors in Animal Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level Standard offer: AAA including Chemistry and one of Biology, Physics or Mathematics. Graduates are required to obtain a 2:1 in their degree and BBB at A-level including Chemistry and one of Biology, Physics or Mathematics
- A-level Contextual offer: AAC including AA in Chemistry and one of Biology, Physics or Mathematics or ABB including A in Chemistry and B in one of Biology, Physics or Mathematics
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Standard offer: 36 points overall with 18 at Higher level, including 6, 6 at Higher level in Chemistry and one of Biology, Physics or Mathematics
- Cambridge Pre-U offer: Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, M3 is C
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29100 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £19,250 per year
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.