Year one introduces the clinical environment through peer group activities and observations. Clinical skills training and patient contact commence early in year two.
Later in the Dentistry programme from University of Bristol you can choose to intercalate in a science subject to obtain an Honours BA or BSc. There is the opportunity to undertake community work in the UK or abroad during your elective in year four.
The programme structure is helical, with four main themes of development: Practitioner, Scholar and scientist, Professional and Agent of Change, Person and Citizen.
You will be introduced to basic concepts in the healthy patient before progressing to apply your knowledge and skills to treat an increasingly complex range of oral disease.
You will begin your dental practice in the Bristol Dental Hospital before extending your practice to community teaching clinics in the city. Here you will treat patients with a wide variety of dental disease in a primary care setting in preparation for dental practice beyond graduation.
This course is recognised by the General Dental Council (GDC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Dentistry
- Human Health and Disease
- Preparing for Patients
- Patient Care Year
- Evidence Based Practice
- Lifelong Learning and Wellbeing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 537 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- AAA including Chemistry and one of Biology, Physics or Mathematics.
- 36 points overall with 18 at Higher Level, including 6, 6 at Higher Level in Chemistry and one of Biology, Physics or Mathematics (either Analysis and Approaches or Applications and Interpretations)
Requirements for principal subjects are as for A-level, where D1/ D2 is A*, D3 is A, M1/ M2 is B, and M3 is C.
- at least 30 credits at Distinction and 15 at Merit or above; and
- at least 15 credits from Chemistry units, at least 12 of which must be at Distinction; and
- at least 15 credits from units in Biology, Physics or Mathematics, at least 12 of which must be at Distinction
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39900 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
- EU students: £9250 per year
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £9250
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.