Study Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience at the University Leicester and you will benefit from a flexible degree course accredited by the British Psychological Society and taught by leading academics.
You’ll have the opportunity to conduct your own psychological research in our state-of-the art facilities including the £42 million George Davies Centre. You will also have the option to study abroad for a year in The Netherlands, or opt for a placement year in industry to further develop your employability and life skills.
You will graduate with the ability to apply rigorous psychological scientific reasoning and argumentation skills to solve problems. The accredited nature of the course means that you will be eligible to receive the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society; the necessary first step on the way to becoming a professional psychologist.
Careers and employability
Graduates from our Psychology degrees have gone on to work for a wide range of employers including:
- Zenith Media
- Priory Hospital
- National Fostering Agency
- HMP Whitemoor
- Civil Service
All our psychology degrees are accredited by the British Psychological Society, the professional body for psychologists, which is also situated in Leicester and maintains close links with the University's School of Psychology. If you graduate with at least a 2:2, you will receive the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the BPS.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Abnormal Psychology
- Biological Psychology
- Biological Psychology Library Module
- Cognitive Neuroscience Library Module
- Cognitive Psychology
- Individual Differences
- Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Practical B
- Psychology Year Two Practicals
- Social Behaviour and Development
- Research methods and applications in the Neurosciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Clinical Psychology View 86 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels: AAB/ABB. We may consider two AS-levels in place of one A2-level. General Studies accepted.
- EPQ with A-levels: BBB + EPQ at grade B.
- GCSE: Five subjects at grade C/4 to include English Language, Mathematics or Statistics, and a science (acceptable science subjects are Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science or Additional Science).
- Access to HE Diploma: Strong Science based course is preferred. Pass with 45 credits at Level 3 with 30 credits at distinction, plus GCSEs as above.
- International Baccalaureate: Pass diploma with 32/30 points. Minimum of 3 in HL Maths, or 4 in SL Maths, or 5 in SL Maths Studies. Minimum of 4 in Biology and English at SL or HL.
- BTEC Nationals
International21515 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21515 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.