Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The University of Leicester and Sport and Active Life 2022-23 scholarship awards allow talented and performance focused student athletes and aspiring leadership students to pursue the highest levels in their sport, alongside their academic studies, whilst benefitting from support services and a targeted financial contribution, aimed at assisting each individual to reach their potential.
- University of Leicester annual sports facility gold membership and Team Leicester club membership
- Limited Physiotherapy support package is offered to each awardee (Delivered at Sports Medicine Clinic, Leicester)
- Individualised physical conditioning programme
- Athlete life skills coaching programme
- Provision of kit
- Quality coaching within the Team Leicester environment
- Financial contribution on agreed items up to £2,000 (e.g. travel expenses, equipment, specialist coaching, nutritional advice)
- They are looking to receive applications from students who aspire to achieve the highest levels in sport, personally and professionally through National Governing Body qualification pathways:
- An applicant is aspiring to apply to attend a coaching qualification with their respective NGB
- An applicant wishes to further develop their knowledge and skills by attending further continued professional development or qualifications. E.g.
safeguarding course or Emergency First Aid course.
Study experience required
The application process for both awards for the academic year, 2022-23 will open on the 1 June 2022.