The English BA degree offered by University of Leicester programme offers a comprehensive overview of English literature in its various manifestations, leading you through the earliest material composed in English to contemporary international literatures.
The level of coverage offered by our English degree means that you will graduate with an unrivalled breadth of knowledge and an extensive range of skills. Flexibility is at the heart of our courses: a variety of option modules will allow you to shape your studies around your own interests, and to deepen your understanding of subjects and areas that most appeal to you. The expertise of our staff ranges from Old English to the present day, and from language to creative writing, meaning you will have access to an unrivalled range of topics and themes.
You can also complement your literary study by taking options in related disciplines, such as American Literature, Film Studies, History, Creative Writing, Teaching English as a Foreign Language, or modern languages.
Careers and employability
Our graduates have found work with companies such as:
- Allegis Group
- Aceville Publications
- The Mills Archive Trust
- PPL PRS Music Licensing
- Dennis Publishing
- Miyazaki City Board of Education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chaucer and the English Tradition
- Renaissance Literature B
- Renaissance Literature A
- Beginnings of English Literature
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Viking Myths and Sagas
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Language Studies Languages View 1340 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A/AS-levels: ABB-BBB at A-level including English (Language, Literature or combined). Two AS-levels may be considered in place of one A-level. General Studies is accepted.
- EPQ with A-levels: BBB at A-level including English (Language, Literature or combined) + EPQ at grade B.
- International Baccalaureate: Pass Diploma with 30 points, including 6 in Higher Level English.
- Access to HE Diploma: Pass Access to HE Diploma with a minimum of 45 credits at level 3, 30 of which must be at Distinction. To include 12 credits at Distinction in English Level 3 Modules.
- BTEC Nationals: Pass Diploma with DDM. Plus grade B in A-level English (Language, Literature or combined)
International17450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17450 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.