Drawing on our internationally leading research and development in the School of Computing and the University’s £5.5m National Facility for Innovative Robotics Systems, you’ll also explore how artificial intelligence is being applied to important economic and societal issues in fields such as medicine, health, transport and smarter cities through case studies from ongoing research projects.
By taking the Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence course from University of Leeds you’ll apply your knowledge to project work in every year, giving you the skills and experience you’ll need for your future career.
You can choose to take either the four-year Integrated Masters (MEng, BSc) or the three-year Bachelor’s (BSc) degree on this course.
Artificial intelligence is an increasingly important discipline in modern society, with applications ranging from medical diagnosis to robotics, transportation, finance, internet search and energy provision. Our graduates find employment in the IT industry, ranging from start-ups to international organisations, and across a range of other sectors including computer games, technology, retail, finance, public authorities and consultancies. University of Leeds students are among the top 5 most targeted by top employers according to The Graduate Market 2021, High Fliers Research.
We have close links with companies such as IBM, Accenture and Hewlett Packard, and employers ranging from small/medium enterprises to large multi-nationals consistently target our graduates. Recent graduate destinations include:
- BT Group – Openreach
- Ernst & Young
- Goodrich ISR Systems
- Imagination Technologies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Processors
- Mathematical Concepts
- Discrete Mathematics
- Procedural Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Professional Computing
- Programming Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
MEng, BSc: 480
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 119 other Bachelors in Machine Learning in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-level: AAA including mathematics or computing. Grade B (6) or above in GCSE Mathematics is required if no Mathematics A-level is taken.
- Where an A-level Science subject is taken, we require a pass in the practical science element, alongside the achievement of the A-Level at the stated grade.
- Excludes A-level General Studies or Critical Thinking.
- Due to the competitive nature of this course, the Admissions team may take a variety of factors into account when assessing applications.
- Extended Project Qualification - Whilst we recognise the value, effort and enthusiasm applicants make in the Extended Project, we do not currently include this as part of our offer making. We do however encourage you to provide further information on your project in your personal statement and if invited, at interview.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.