In Year 1 and Year 2 of the program students are offered general education courses, introductory courses (in general psychology, cognitive science, personality psychology, social psychology, clinical psychology, etc.), and practical courses (research methods in psychology, statistics in behavioral research, communication skills and academic writing in English). In Year 3 and Year 4, students choose among several advanced courses in methodology of psychological research, and form a concentration either in cognitive science or in clinical psychology.
Occupations and Possible Positions
The graduates of the Psychology programme of the New Bulgarian University may continue their psychological education to obtain a MA degree, or may pursue careers in psychological counseling in industry, schools, clinics, social services, etc.
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Communication Skills and Academic Writing in English
- Statistics in Behavioral Research
- Historical and Conceptual Issues in Psychology
- Reasoning Skills
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form ;
- Original or notarized copy of completed secondary education diploma and diploma supplement specifying the period of attendance and the grades;
- A document issued by a competent body certifying the applicant’s eligibility to continue his/her studies in higher educational institutions in the country in which he/she has completed his/her secondary education;
- Medical certificate, issued not earlier than 1 month prior to application;
- A copy of the first page of your passport or other identification documents with your names in Latin letters;
- Two recent passport-size photos;
- Copies of all your language certificates. Applicants to programs taught in English whose native language is not English must present proof of English language proficiency.
International3068 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1534 EUR per semester during 48 months.
EU/EEA1840 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 920 EUR per semester during 48 months.
- 1800 BGN EU countries
- 3000 BGN Non EU countries
Living costs for Sofia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.