Your practice learning will be complemented by our outstanding facilities, including our Skills Simulation Suite, where you will develop your clinical expertise in a safe, instructive environment.
Based at Glenside Campus, you'll learn alongside students from other health and social care courses, such as occupational therapists, mental health nurses and midwives, and develop strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Nursing (Learning Disabilities) (Hons) course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) offers opportunities for diverse placements aboard and throughout the UK, to enrich your experience even further.
Careers / Further study
Learning Disability nurses are in demand across the UK. All our graduates gain employment and enter careers in a variety of roles for the NHS, private and voluntary sector employers, in community and hospital settings.
Due to the needs of our service users, graduates often branch out into other specialisms, such as acquired brain injury, dementia and mental health care; adult or children's services; and specialist teams. With so many new doors opening, this is an exciting time for the learning disability nurse.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication in a Diverse World
- Physiology and Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
- Appreciating Evidence for Practice
- Building Positive Relationships with, and Services for, People with Learning Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities Nursing Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 331 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 120
- A-level subjects: Grade C or above in a Science or Social Science subject.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: To include six units in a Science or Social Science subject. Please list the units you are studying in your application. For further advice on acceptable units, please email us.
- Access: 15 Level 3 credits at Merit in a Science or Social Science subject.
- Baccalaureate IB: A minimum Grade 5 in a Higher Level Science or Social Science subject.
- Irish Highers: h3 in a science or social science subject.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.