Midwives are autonomous practitioners providing care and support to women and their families during pregnancy, birth and the early postnatal period.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary professional team, midwives practise in birth units, communities and hospitals, supporting women to have a positive experience of childbirth.
This dynamic, demanding and privileged role carries great responsibility but is incredibly rewarding.
The Midwifery (Hons) course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) has a strong practical focus and you'll spend around half of your time learning on clinical placements, supported by midwifery mentors.
Careers / Further study
Midwives are in demand across the UK and graduates enter careers in a wide variety of roles for the NHS and independent sector employers.
We have close links with our NHS partners, who are the main employers of midwifery graduates.
Once you've qualified, you can choose to progress into specialist areas, such as working with teenage mothers or women with drug or alcohol problems.
You could also become a specialist midwifery practitioner in areas such as infant feeding, management, lecturing or research.
BSc(Hons) Midwifery is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), which means you can register as a midwife with them when you graduate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication in a Diverse World
- Skills for Midwifery Practice
- Holistic Midwifery Practice
- Clinical Midwifery Practice
- Newborn Health Assessment
- Negotiated Midwifery module
- Managing Maternal Critical Care
- Public Health and Health Promotion in Midwifery.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing Midwifery View 346 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 128
- A-level subjects: Grade B or above in a Science or Social Science subject.
- Relevant subjects: Subjects that meet the Science/Social Science requirement for this course: Biology, Applied Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Applied Science, Science (Biology route), Science (Chemistry route), Science (Physics route), Sociology.
- Access: 15 Level 3 credits at Distinction in a Science or Social Science subject.
- Baccalaureate IB: A minimum Grade 6 in a Higher Level Science or Social Science subject.
- Irish Highers: h2 in a science or social science subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.