Studying criminology gives you a deep understanding of crime and criminal justice in the real world.
It complements and contextualises legal study, and is useful for those looking to practise criminal law or work in the criminal justice system.
Careers / Further study
Criminology and Law students are highly valued by employers because of their broad skillset and knowledge base.
This Criminology and Law (with Foundation Year) (Hons) at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) combination leads naturally to a career in criminal law. If you major in law, you could pursue a career as a solicitor, barrister, legal adviser, legal executive or paralegal.
You could also begin a career in HR, finance, teaching, advice and charity work or the public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations for Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminology in Action: Engaging with the Real World
- Nature and Use of Research
- Forensic Evidence
- Sexual Offences and Offending: Criminal Justice Responses
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 438 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 48
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: no specific subjects required.
All applicants will also require:
- GCSE subjects: Grade C/4 in English Literature or Language and Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificates in Adult Numeracy and Literacy as alternatives to GCSEs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.