Become an industrial designer with a degree built for the digital world. Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) (Honours) from the Swinburne University of Technology teaches you to tap into your inner innovator and creator.
From furniture to mobile phones, you’ll be ready for any design brief that comes your way. You'll think about materials, not just maths. Study the emotional impact of design, as well as the mechanics of structures.
Our alumni have worked in Breville, Dyson, Nura headphones, Blackmagic creative video technology, Jardan furniture, Katapult Design and more. They’ve created the Handydesk and co-founded companies like Steelotto furniture and Ichpig streetwear.
Among other possibilities, graduates may find jobs undertaking product design for, and within, manufacturing industries or design consultancies, for exhibitions, for environmental and furniture design, or as self-employed designers or manufacturers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 20th Century Design
- Product Visualisation 1: Hand Sketching
- User Centred/Co-Design Studio
- Material, Finishes and Form
- Product Visualisation 2: Digital Sketching
- Contemporary Design Issuess
- Furniture Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 160 other Bachelors in Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swinburne University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code: 085305BPrerequisites
Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in any English (except EAL) or 30 in English as Alternate Language (EAL)
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a minimum study score of 20 in one of Art, Product Design and Technology, Media, Interactive Digital Media, Studio Arts or Visual Communication Design or equivalent.
International students must attain the equivalent prerequisite score in any art, design or media equivalent to Year 12.English language requirements
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.0 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 65%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 AUD per year during 48 months.
National8021 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8021 AUD per year during 48 months.
National fee is Commonwealth supported
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.