As a student of this online Business and Management (Hons) (Online) degree from University of Derby you will develop a global view of the challenges and opportunities in the world of international business, giving consideration to multi-functional aspects of management across finance, human resources, marketing and sales activities.
After graduating from this online business and management degree, you will be well prepared for a career in business and management, with both theoretical and practical knowledge that can be applied in any industry worldwide.
Careers in management typically involve recruitment, training and organisation of staff, ensuring company standards are met, making strategic decisions that affect your department or the company as a whole, maintaining awareness of competitors and the macro environment, and communicating with business stakeholders such as customers, investors and staff.
You may also be required to manage and oversee projects within your career. This degree will provide you with a sound knowledge of business concepts, enabling you to:
- making sure that deadlines are met
- meet financial targets
- promote the business
- conduct research and interviews
- compile and present information
- analyse statistics
- write detailed reports
- develop new procedures or training
Upon completion of this programme, you will also have the opportunity to apply to progress onto higher level awards such as the MBA Global, MBA Global Finance or MSc Strategic Management enabling you to develop a higher level of academic knowledge surrounding global business concepts, preparing you to move into senior and C-level roles within diverse multi-national organisations.
The Business and Management BSc (Hons) degree at University of Derby is accredited by Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics for Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management, Business and Society
- Management Theory and Practice
- Principles of Accounting and Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies International Business View 132 other Bachelors in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need A levels or equivalent qualifications such as a BTEC Certificate or Diploma, an International Baccalaureate, OU credits, an Access to HE diploma, Scottish Highers or Irish Leaving Certificate.
- The university also consider all the information that you include in your application, including evidence of any relevant experience which demonstrates you have the potential to succeed on this online learning degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 36 months.
National15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 36 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.