Our emphasis on high level robotics, including mobile and humanoid automation, and our focus on the electronics and hardware that support industrial and service robotics is complemented by the hands-on approach you'll develop in our specialist laboratories.
At BEng (Hons) Robotics programme offered by University of Plymouth, you will work in a world-class research environment with staff internationally renowned for conducting cutting-edge service and cognitive robotics research. You will take part in robotics competitions offering invaluable opportunities for exciting and highly formative, practical sessions of intense study. You’ll capitalise on the opportunity to take a work placement in your third year, putting your robotics skills into action in the real world.
- Our robotics courses have a large number of laboratory practical sessions embedded in their modules, and this is a strong feature of the robotics teaching in Plymouth. This ensures that you can consolidate theory learned in lectures using real practical tasks, making your understanding of topics much more concrete.
- Develop in a broad range of subjects ranging from analogue and digital electronics to software programming and artificial intelligence, all in the context of robotics.
- Advance your knowledge of electronics, microprocessors, and embedded systems forming the technological core of the course. This is supported by a thorough understanding of robotics concepts, such as control theory, sensors and motors.
- Learn by doing in our high specification electronics, communications and robotics laboratories.
- Work in a world-class research environment with staff internationally renowned for conducting cutting-edge service and cognitive robotics research.
- Take part in robot football and other robotics competitions offering invaluable opportunities for exciting and highly formative, practical sessions of intense study.
- Benefit from individual and group projects offering the possibility for you to consolidate your robotics knowledge by building and programming a variety of robots including small wheeled robots, industrial robots and humanoids.
- Draw on unique opportunities to engage in world-class robotics research, and in a variety of activities (for example, in the humanoid robot football, Federation of International Robot-soccer Association (FIRA) competition).
- Capitalise on the opportunity to take a work placement in your third year, putting your robotics skills into action in the real world.
- Join our Robotics Society and take the opportunity to assist robot development for international competitions such as the Robocup humanoid football league and robot athletics.
- Immerse yourself in a degree accredited by the Institution for Engineering and Technology (IET), and meet the educational requirements for becoming a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- Benefit from free IET membership while you are on the course.
- Work alongside internationally-renowned staff in a leading service and cognitive robotics research environment.
- To complement your formal learning we offer regular PALS sessions that provide the opportunity for you to learn with and from your peers. Share knowledge, discuss ideas, and ask questions in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Stage 1 Electrical/R0b0tics Placement Preparation
- Electrical Principles
- Analogue Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Embedded Software in Context
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electronic Design and Build
- Robot Design and Build
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Robotics Artificial Intelligence View 235 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS tariff
- A level
- BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC.
- IB: International Baccalaureate: 30 overall to include 4 at Higher Level maths and 4 at Higher Level relevant second science/technology subject. English and mathematics must be included.
International14200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14200 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.