It focuses on population health, considering issues such as the socio-economic and behavioural factors affecting health and health provision.
It will provide an in depth understanding of the role governments play in determining health policy, how wealth systems function, and how the biological and social bases of ill-health exist in our communities.
Students in the first year of this programme are also able to apply for entry to our undergraduate clinical programmes in Medicine and Pharmacy.
This degree can lead to careers in non-clinical fields in healthcare. BHSc graduates are sought after for roles in the public, private and charitable sectors. You may apply for entry into our faculty's Medicine, Nursing or Pharmacy programmes at the end of the first year. Alternatively, you could further your graduate study in public health, health sciences or health management.
Taking a conjoint degree in Arts, Commerce, Nursing, Law or Science enhances your career options. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Jobs related to this programme
- Business development manager
- Community addictions counsellor
- Health economist
- Health promoter
- Health protection officer
- Health services manager
- Policy analyst
- Population nutrition specialist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Systems
- Health and Society
- Population Health
- Behaviour, Health and Development
- Biology for Biomedical Science: Cellular Processes and Development
- Chemistry of the Living World
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 17 other Masters in Human Medicine in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum total score of 24.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects with at least a 'C' grade or higher. General Studies or similar general papers cannot be included.
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22893 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22893 USD per year during 36 months.
National4204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4204 USD per year during 36 months.
- Domestic students: NZ$6,310.80 – $8,190 per year
- International students: NZ$34,361 per year
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.