Whatever the brand, whatever the market and whatever the media, successful advertising comes down to a combination of creative thinking, commercial awareness and strategic insight. The kind of people who excel in the industry don’t just offer exciting ideas, but also have an excellent eye for detail, a flair for communication and an instinctive understanding of their audience.
You’ll get to grips with the media landscape, exploring integrated campaigns that balance traditional and digital channels. Put your creative abilities to the test, turning your own ideas into memorable advertising and learn how it all fits in to a greater marketing strategy designed to build brands.Along the way, you’ll have access to the real professionals – whether as guest lecturers, campaign clients or placement employers. So, by the time you leave us, you’ll be ready to join their ranks in the industry.
Almost every business is a brand these days. Your skills as an expert brand builder will be in demand from a range of employers.
This Advertising and Brand Communications (Hons) degree from Manchester Metropolitan University prepares you for careers in advertising, digital media, broadcast, marketing and public relations. Our graduates are working in agencies like Carat Media and McCann Erickson or as part of in-house departments at companies like Jack Wills, Boots, and Kellogg’s. They’ve gained a diverse range of roles, from Account Manager to Search Consultant.
Many of our graduates have gone on to set up their own businesses. Some become independent consultants on branding. Others have moved on to commercial sectors such as retail, sports, automotive or professional services.
- The Responsible Marketer
- Digital Marketing Essentials
- Consumer Psychology
- Dynamic Marketing Context
- Advertising and Brands
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marketing Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1404 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 104-112 UCAS Tariff points
- A levels - BCC-BBC
- Pearson BTEC National Extended Diploma – DMM
- Access to HE Diploma - Pass with a minimum 106 UCAS Tariff points
- Equivalent qualifications and combinations will be considered, including Extended Project.
- Other AS levels (or qualifications equivalent to AS level) are not accepted.
- Specific GCSE requirements: GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass
- International Baccalaureate points: IB Diploma with minimum 26 points overall or 104-112 UCAS Tariff points from Higher Level. If you plan to meet the Level 2 course requirements through your IB Diploma you will need to achieve Higher Level 4 or Standard Level 5 in English and Higher Level 4 or Standard Level 4 in Mathematics
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.