Applying the latest techniques in the laboratory and the field - both in the UK and overseas, you will graduate ready to shape the future of fields from ecosystem management to environmental monitoring.
Our environmental science students have tremendous opportunities to gain the knowledge and skills necessary for employment in a variety of work settings. Our hands-on approach to teaching and learning throughout the course will provide you with the topical skills and experience that you can apply to the wide range of career options as graduates.
Studying BSc (Hons) Environmental Science programme offered at University of Plymouth , you will:
- Benefit from enthusiastic, supportive staff and teaching informed by our renowned research.
- Take part in regular UK and overseas fieldwork in destinations such as Dartmoor National Park, Malaysia and Malta, where you will explore and study terrestrial and marine environmental systems.
- Flexible workspace, computing facilities, specialist software, access to microscopes, microscope cameras and bespoke resources.
- Work placements – enhance your employability by gaining work experience via an optional 6 week or 6–12 month work placement in the UK, EU or further overseas such as Australia, Madagascar, Costa Rica, Ecuador, choosing from exciting opportunities in e.g. consultancy, conservation, NGO’s, EA, marine sectors.
- Qualify as a professional diver (HSE SCUBA) as part of your third year of study.
- Benefit from an Environmental Science Careers Fair to build your all-important employer networks and share career success stories from our graduates.
- Our tutorial programme provides invaluable transferable skills, small group and one-to-one support. Our externally recognised Peer Assisted Learning (PALS) scheme helps increase your confidence with support from student mentors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Physical Environment
- The Biosphere
- Environmental Pollution
- Environmental Management and Protection
- Sustainability Science
- Global Environmental Challenges
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences View 106 other Bachelors in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS tariff
- A level: 104–112 points, to include a minimum of 2 A levels and preferably from one of the following subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Psychology, Geography, Geology, Applied Science, Use of Maths, Applied Science, Biology or Human Biology, Statistics, Science in the Environment, Design Technology. General Studies not accepted.
- IB: 26–27 points overall from an International Baccalaureate to include science/technology-related subjects. English and mathematics must be included.
- BTEC: 18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma: DMM preferably from a science/technology related subject (applied science, animal management, countryside management, forensic science).
- GCSE: mathematics grade C required. English language grade C or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Part time (Home) £770/ per 10 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.