Information Technology (IT) is vital to the management and communication of information in the modern business environment, and effective business computing requires managers with knowledge of human and managerial issues in addition to technical considerations. You will learn about the relationship between technical knowledge and human design, understanding the complex role of IT in business and how it can be used to drive change for competitive advantage
The careers available to you cover the whole range of business applications of computing and IT. They range from managing a department or company’s personal computer network to building links over the Internet for a multi-national company to running a handful of computers in a small firm.
Recent graduates of this Business Computing and IT (Hons) programme offered at the Aston University are now working in roles such as Product Manager, Supply Chain Consultant, Business Development Manager, Managing Director, Business Analyst, IT Infrastructure Project Manager, Assistant Information Security Specialist and Commercial Project Manager at companies such as Capgemini, Deutsche Bank, Shell, Atos, IBM Security Services, Sales force, Ministry of Defence and Eon.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applications Development
- Introductory Accounting for Business
- Introduction to Organisation Behaviour
- Introduction to Marketing Management
- Principles of Operations Management
- Business Analysis Tools
- Foundations of Business Analytics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Business Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems View 66 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels: ABB - BBB
- IB: 32 points overall in the IB diploma with 6,6,5 - 6,5,5 at HL. Minimum scores of 5 in English and Maths at Standard level.
- BTEC, Access & other: BTEC Extended Diploma DDD. Access to HE students are eligible to apply for this course.
- 5 GCSE grades A* - C to include:
- GCSE Maths – grade C/4
- GCSE English Language OR English Literature – grade C/4
- Please note that General Studies does not contribute towards the UCAS points requirement but is welcomed as an additional qualification.
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15950 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students - £1,250 during placement year
- International/EU students - £2,500 during placement year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.