The BSc Human Resource Management by distance learning combines all the benefits of a University of Leicester degree with the flexibility to suit the needs of working professionals. You have the option of applying for the Diploma or full BSc depending on the level of qualification you aim to achieve.
The BSc Human Resource Management qualification offered at the University of Leicester involves studying the Diploma and BSc over 40 months. The Diploma qualification involves studying for the Diploma over 19 months.
The Diploma is studied over 6 modules. By the end of the Diploma, you will:
- Be able to demonstrate how an understanding of the issues involved in HRM can assist the human resource manager in managing staff effectively
- Compare and contrast formal and informal learning and be able to discuss the merits of each
- Discuss how effective employee development can impact upon an organisation's performance whilst assessing the theory and practice of management considering the importance of leadership and the HRM function
Studying the BSc gives you the opportunity to not only build on the theories and topics covered within the Diploma, but also to focus in-depth on some of the key issues within human resource management today. By selecting which modules you wish to study, you can tailor the course to your interests and career objectives.
- Academic Writing Skills
- Workplace Learning and Human Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour and Employee Development
- Management in Organisations
- Personnel and Human Resource Management
- Culture and the International Context
- Case Study
- 40 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Organisational Behaviour Human Resource Management View 4 other Bachelors in Organisational Behaviour in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The majority of students begin their studies at the Diploma level of the course by meeting the following entry requirements.
- A relevant Level 4 academic qualification (e.g. Certificate of Higher Education; Higher National Certificate (HNC))
- Or significant work experience in human resources, training, management or similar
- Completion of the University of Leicester Diploma in Human Resource Management or Lifelong Learning and Industrial Relations (achieving an average of at least 45% overall)
- Or an equivalent University of Leicester qualification (e.g. foundation degree)
- Or we will consider equivalent qualifications (in level and content) to the Diploma. Please note that we can only consider qualifications taken within the past five years from reputable academic institutions
International2775 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 40 months.
National2775 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 40 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.