The new, English-based Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering program at the Kyushu University enables students to gain specialized knowledge regarding Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, in addition to fundamental understanding of engineering in general, and to develop a global mindset for understanding international cultural values and ethics. Students learn basic engineering subjects for creating machines such as ultra-super precision instruments that work on micro and nano scales, robots with artificial intelligence, biotechnology devices and aerospace vehicles, as well as subjects on hydrogen energy and other advanced engineering topics.
About 80 % of the students go on to graduate school, and 20% of our students obtain employment in automobile, utility, transportation, manufacturing and aerospace industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCurses included:
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering and Aerospace Engineering
- Strength of Materials
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Experiments
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Drawing and Design
- Machine Design
- Internal Combustion Engine
- Manufacturing Processes
- Computational Methods
- Aerospace Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Mechanical Engineering Artificial Intelligence
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
1. Have a nationality other than Japanese.
2. Meet any of the following three conditions:
- Completed or expected to complete 12 years of schooling outside Japan (or equivalent)
- Aged 18 or over who have the International Baccalaureate Diploma/Certificate, the German Abitur, the French Baccalaureate, or General Certificate of Education Advanced Level or who have completed a course at an international school that is recognized by the Japanese Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Aged 18 or over who are recognized, by the University’s ad hoc pre-qualification screening, as having an academic level equivalent to or superior to those who have completed 12 years of schooling
International4026 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4026 EUR per year during 48 months.
National4026 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4026 EUR per year during 48 months.
- 535,800 Yen
Living costs for Fukuoka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.