Why choose this Bachelor of Education (Secondary) course at Queensland University of Technology
You will be a qualified specialist in your teaching areas and learn to effectively teach subjects in the Australian Curriculum and other frameworks.
QUT will ensure you can step into the classroom with confidence and continue to adapt to ongoing workforce changes and future opportunities. Teachers play a key role in preparing the next generation for the workforce of the future.
Some key inclusions in the course are:
- a deep understanding of child and adolescent development
- curriculum and pedagogy knowledges and practices
- creating positive learning environments
- inclusion and diversity
- building positive relationships with parents, carers, communities, and education stakeholders
- digital technologies
- entrepreneurial thinking and leadership
- innovation and creativity
- evaluation and assessment
Graduates of Education (Secondary) course at Queensland University of Technology will have a solid foundation of knowledge to teach in secondary schools. Your career will be guided by, but not limited to, your chosen teaching areas. Your qualification can also allow you to work across Australia and overseas.
Teachers develop a range of skills, knowledges and practices as a result of their own unique combination of work experiences and personal qualities. You will be empowered to shape your own career path and explore the many ways to make an impact. You can explore careers outside the classroom, including:
- education policy and program implementation
- training and development roles in private and public organisations
- education and outreach roles
- developing products for the education services industry
- learning designer
- entertainment industry roles
- Supporting Innovative Pedagogy with Digital Technologies
- Education and Society
- Culture Studies: Indigenous Education
- Child and Adolescent Learning and Development
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching Secondary Education View 115 other Bachelors in Teaching in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS- 080477MSubject prerequisites
- General Mathematics, or Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C)
You must have achieved this study at a level comparable to Australian Year 12 or in recognised post-secondary studies.
You must have passed four semesters (Units 3 & 4, C) at an Australian high school level or equivalent:
- English, or Literature, or English and Literature Extension, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C); and
- at least one of General Mathematics, or Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C).
International31600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31600 AUD per year during 48 months.
National4000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.