You’ll be qualified to teach primary subjects in the Australian Curriculum and other frameworks after graduating Education (Primary) offered at Queensland University of Technology.
We will ensure you step into the classroom with confidence and continue to adapt to ongoing workforce changes and future opportunities. Teachers play a key role in preparing the next generation for the workforce of the future. Some key inclusions in the course are:
- a deep understanding of child and adolescent development
- curriculum and pedagogy knowledges and practices
- creating positive learning environments
- inclusion and diversity
- building positive relationships with parents, carers, communities, and education stakeholders
You will be prepared to teach Prep to Year 6 in a primary school. Your qualification can also allow you to work across Australia and overseas.
Teachers develop a range of skills, knowledges and practices as a result of their own unique combination of work experiences and personal qualities. You will be empowered to shape your own career path and explore the many ways to make an impact. You can explore careers outside the classroom, including:
- education policy and program implementation
- training and development roles in private and public organisations
- education and outreach roles
- developing products for the education services industry
- learning designer
- Supporting Innovative Pedagogy with Digital Technologies
- Education and Society
- Culture Studies: Indigenous Education
- Primary Mathematics Curriculum Studies 1
- Child and Adolescent Learning and Development
- 48 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 53 other Bachelors in Primary Education in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English, or Literature, or English and Literature Extension, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C); and
- at least one of General Mathematics, or Mathematical Methods, or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C); and
- at least one of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Marine Science, Physics, or Psychology (Units 3 & 4, C).
International31600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31600 AUD per year during 48 months.
National4000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.