During this course, you will visit health information managers at major hospitals, government agencies and not-for-profit organisations. These experiences provide insight into the diversity of available roles and offer valuable opportunities to network.
You will prepare for transition to the workplace with professional placement that can be completed locally or overseas.
Your study will focus on business management, analysing and managing budgets, and eHealth systems.
Health units will develop knowledge in medical terminology, the Australian healthcare system and clinical classifications. Health information managers are well suited to leadership roles because they understand clinical practices, finance functions, information technology applications and staff management.
The combination of knowledge across business, information technology and health will prepare you for many roles.
Graduates of the Health Information Management course at Queensland University of Technology find employment, both here and overseas, in a range of environments including:
- hospitals and other health facilities
- government health departments
- software development firms (e.g. eHealth design and implementation projects)
- health insurance companies
- health research centres
- the pharmaceutical industry
- statistical agencies
- international aid agencies
- non-government organisations.
- IT Systems Design
- Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology
- Foundations of Health Information Management
- Australian Health Care Systems
- Clinical Classification
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management Health Informatics View 77 other Bachelors in Health Management in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An aggregate score of 8 based on the best three A-Level subjects from General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced (A2) Level.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme with final aggregate score of 28.
International31800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31800 AUD per year during 36 months.
National12100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12100 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.