Students attend lectures and classes. The latter are held in small 16-person groups, with a computer for every student, in case of a computer lab class. Diploma courses have dedicated labs with special software and hardware. The Computer Science program is offered at Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology.
The curriculum is composed of two types of subjects:
- basic knowledge - oblgatory for all students
- specialised knowledge - related to specialisations chosen by students.
The first four semesters of the full-time programme (and the first six of the part-time programme) are devoted to core instruction. At this stage, the student gains the fundamental knowledge required of a bachelor-level graduate in computer science. S/he is familiarised with issues such as basic database techniques, principles of software development and computer network development as well as applications of multimedia. Above all, the candidate learns to program in key languages such as Java or C++. The curriculum also includes core mathematics, electronics, accounting, economics and law.
During the subsequent specialised instruction, students choose a major (area of specialisation) in which to further expand their knowledge and skills. Specialised classes are customised for each major; examples include programming in languages such as Prolog, ML, Assembler, C# or SQL. Furthermore, specialised instruction aims to build up the student’s team-working skills through, among others, implementation of specific projects.
Graduates receive the Engineer degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Java Programming
- Computer techniques and architecture
- Introduction to marketing and management
- Introduction to information systems
- History and culture of Japan
- Linear algebra and geometry
- Discrete mathematics
- Relational databases
- Object-oriented and GUI programming
- Programming in C and C++
- Operating systems
- 42 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 4 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for admission or a printout of that from the online registration system.
- Matura (A level) certificate - candidates supply an original or a copy whose authenticity is confirmed by PJIIT’s Students’ office. In the case of a foreign certificate, a candidate should also submit a Polish translation done by a sworn translator and its nostrification (if applicable);
- A photocopy of an ID;
- Proof of payment for the qualifying interview;
- 3 photographs of the ID format, plus the digital version submitted via the ob.-line registration system;
- Foreign citizens are obliged to possess a passport with a valid visa and proof of health insurance, eg Insurance policy.
International417 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 417 EUR per year during 42 months.
National417 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 417 EUR per year during 42 months.
Tuition fee for the 1st year (paid monthly during the academic year)
- full-time undergraduate studies -1380 zł
- full-time undergraduate studies in English 1580 zł
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.