You'll also gain laboratory experience in areas such as chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, applied pharmacology, genetics, microbiology and immunology. As well as offering a physiological pharmacology major on all campuses, students can choose between physiology and pharmacology minors; and in Sydney and Melbourne, nutrition and chemistry minors.
Students of the Bachelor of Biomedical Science from Australian Catholic University will complete one specified unit of workplace learning, with the option of a second elective unit, with an external organisation of their choice. The unit will require students to address an issue or problem of a biomedical or related nature over the course of their immersion experience. The problem will be defined in consultation with the Course Coordinator and the industry contact, and the student will undertake exploratory work to find a solution or answer to address the issue.
Our graduates have pursued careers in:
- pharmaceutical and medical technology industries
- health regulation
- health education
- patient advocacy
- consumer health program development
- hospitals and public health
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cells and tissues: the fabric of life
- Human Body in Health and Disease
- The Human Body
- Human Genetics
- Exploring Problems and Ethical Issues in Human Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Biochemistry Genetics View 72 other Bachelors in Genetics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Academic Board will:
- determine the minimum entry requirements to be met for entry to any award course.
- determine the minimum eligibility rank for undergraduate courses (See schedule 1).
- approve entry requirements for individual courses in accordance with the Course Approval, Amendment and Review Policy.
- ensure that the entry requirements for any course will be as consistent as possible across different State/Territory jurisdictions and/or campuses.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25064 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25064 AUD per year during 36 months.
National8016 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8016 AUD per year during 36 months.
- $8016 CSP
- In a CSP, the Australian Government subsidises the cost of your course. You’ll pay the remainder, known as the student contribution amount.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.