The International Tourism and Hospitality Management (Top-Up) (Hons) programme of the University of Sunderland is for people who want to top-up a Foundation Degree in International Tourism and Hospitality Management (or equivalent) to a full honours degree. It covers both academic theory and practical skills. Modules include ‘Gastronomy', ‘Leadership and Management for the Hospitality Industry’, ‘Service Quality and ‘e-Tourism’. These are valued by many employers, and prepare you for a range of careers upon graduation.
The course content on the BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management (Top-Up) degree reflects our close links with employers. When you graduate from this course you’ll be ready to take on a managerial position within the tourism and hospitality industry throughout the world.
Many of our graduates go on to work in managerial roles within the tourism and hospitality industry. Job titles include Hotel Manager, Tourism Development Officer or Resort Office Manager. Employers include hotels, airlines, travel agencies, events organisers, heritage attractions, Local Authorities and other public sector bodies.
- The University of Sunderland is a member of the Institute of Hospitality's Education Membership.
- Strategic Planning for Tourism and Leisure
- Urban Tourism
- Digital Technologies in the Visitor Economy
- International Hospitality Management
- Service Quality
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 165 other Bachelors in Hospitality Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sunderland and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The typical entry requirement is successful completion of one of the following:
- Foundation Degree in Travel and Tourism or a Foundation Degree related to International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BTEC HND in a subject related to tourism/hospitality
- 240 credits or equivalent of a recognised UK undergraduate award in a relevant subject
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
The annual fee for September is:
- £9,250 if you are from the UK
- £13,000 if you are an international student
Living costs for Sunderland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.