Throughout the Pharmacy programme at University of Kent, external placements are arranged at hospitals and community pharmacies.Graduates are required to undertake a pre-registration year in practice and pass a registration exam before they can register as a pharmacist in Great Britain.
Teaching and assessment
Teaching is by lectures, seminars, workshops and practical laboratory classes, which take up approximately two thirds of the programme. Placements form a key part of the teaching programme.A variety of assessment methods are used including practical dispensing examinations, objective structured clinical examinations (OSCEs), presentations (individual and group), written reports, interim assessments and end-of-year written examinations.
CareersThere are opportunities in all branches of the profession, including hospital, community, primary care, industry, armed services, prison services and academia. Flexible working is widely available.
General Pharmaceutical Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pharmacy Practice
- Medicines Design and Manufacture
- Clinical Phamacokinetics, Cancer Biology and Infection Control
- Advanced Therapeutic Agents
- Advanced Drug Delivery Technologies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Toxicology View 155 other Bachelors in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: ABB including A level Chemistry grade B, and one of Biology, Mathematics or Physics
- GCSE: Mathematics and English at grade B or above
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma): The University will consider applicants holding BTEC National Diploma and Extended National Diploma Qualifications (QCF; NQF; OCR) on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for further advice on your individual circumstances.
- International Baccalaureate: 34 points overall or 15 points at HL including Chemistry 5 at HL and one other science-based subject 5 at HL.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- EU full-time £20500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.