Chemistry with a Year in Industry (Hons) at University of Kent is a distinctive programme and includes a set of ‘chemistry in context’ modules where you apply your knowledge to specific case studies. For example, in our first-year Disasters module, you choose a chemical disaster and use your understanding of chemical phenomenon to formulate a disaster management plan.
CareersThe chemical industry is central to the world economy, which means chemistry graduates have a wide range of employment options open to them. Kent science graduates have an excellent employment record with recent graduates going into areas including:
- research and development
- contract laboratories
- material and pharmaceutical industries
- the oil industry.
This programme is fully accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecules Matter & Energy
- Fundamental Organic Chemistry for Physical Scientists
- Computing Skills
- Chemical Reactions
- Chemical Skills
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 139 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBB including Chemistry or Biology
- GCSE: Mathematics grade C
- Access to HE Diploma: The University will not necessarily make conditional offers to all Access candidates but will continue to assess them on an individual basis. If we make you an offer, you will need to obtain/pass the overall Access to Higher Education Diploma and may also be required to obtain a proportion of the total level 3 credits and/or credits in particular subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma): The University will consider applicants holding/studying BTEC Extended National Diploma Qualifications (QCF; NQF;OCR) in a relevant Science subject at 180 credits or more, on a case by case basis.
- International Baccalaureate: 34 points overall or 14 at HL including Chemistry 5 at HL or HL Biology at 6 and Mathematics 4 at HL or SL
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- EU full-time £15400
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Kent offers generous financial support schemes to assist eligible undergraduate students during their studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.