Apart from sheer enjoyment, it offers excellent preparation for further study and will give your career prospects a boost.
Key features of the Certificate of Higher Education in Arts and Humanities at The Open University UK
- Develops your understanding of our rich cultural heritage from fascinating and diverse perspectives
- Helps you practise and refine the skills of argument and analysis, enhancing your employability
- Gives you the opportunity to choose from a range of subjects to study in more depth
- Builds your study skills and knowledge giving you a solid foundation for further study
Skills for career development
This certificate of higher education will help you develop essential transferable skills, such as how to read and review different kinds of information, how to use information as evidence to back up an argument, and how to develop a focused approach to writing. You’ll also develop information literacy skills, often in an online environment. All these are greatly valued in the world beyond study, both at work and in the voluntary sector.
The breadth of study and training in clear thinking and communication make this course relevant to a wide variety of careers. These include:
- public administration, local government, the civil service, art institutions, and social services
- advertising, journalism, publishing, creative industries and public relations
- legal work
- business, banking and retail
- human resources
- charities and campaigning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Investigating the social world
- French studies 1 (intermediate)
- German studies 1 (intermediate)
- Spanish studies 1 (intermediate)
- Exploring languages and cultures
- English for academic purposes online
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation History Language Studies View 26 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Students living outside the UK aren’t normally eligible for a tuition fee loan. We suggest checking with your national government or education authority for advice on funding.
There are a number of scholarship opportunities listed on the Scholarship Portal website.
The site features over 1,000 scholarships listed by country, ranging from the Amelia Earhart Fellowship for Women in Science and Engineering, to a Young Horticulturalist of the Year Award.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.