If you’re working in engineering-related employment at a technical level and would like to boost your career, this qualification can combine academic skills with the needs of your workplace.
Key features of the Diploma of Higher Education in Engineering at The Open University UK
- Builds on your existing skills and experience to support your professional development plans
- Applies the study of engineering fundamentals to the solution of real-life problems
- Develops your skills in mathematics, which is key to the successful study of engineering
Whatever field of engineering you currently work in, this diploma course will enhance your career prospects. Qualified engineers are much in demand for their rigorous approach to problem solving and high level of numeracy and opportunities also exist in related areas such as research, design and development, commissioning, project management, technical sales and marketing, technical journalism and patent work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering: origins, methods, context
- Engineering: frameworks, analysis, production
- Engineering: mathematics, modelling, applications
- Engineering at work
- Core engineering
- Design for engineers
- Electronics: sensing, logic and actuation
- Energy and sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 77 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements, but you must be in engineering-related employment.
- You’ll also need some knowledge of mathematics, an interest in technology, and the ability to read and write to a good standard of English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA6192 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6192 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
At current prices, the total cost of your qualification would be £12,384
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.