Whether you’re involved in care work (paid or unpaid), use services yourself, or simply have a general interest, this course helps you build knowledge, understanding, a range of learning skills, as well as preparing you for further study.
Key features of the Health and Social Care certificate at The Open University UK
- Provides a fascinating insight into the provision of health and social care services in the UK
- Encourages you to draw on your own ideas and experiences
- Introduces the essential skills of academic study
- Builds a solid foundation for further study
Skills for career development
This certificate develops a range of key skills that will be of interest to employers in all sectors. These include the ability to communicate ideas and arguments in a logical and well-structured way; thinking critically; using a computer confidently; reading and interpreting simple tables, charts and graphs; and planning and managing your time effectively.
If you work in the frontline of care or are seeking employment in this area, this certificate will build your confidence and skills, and give your career a boost. It will supply the knowledge base for progression to professionally recognised qualifications in health and social care, and is the ideal starting point for academic qualifications such as a diploma or degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This certificate provides an authoritative overview of health and social care.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Health Sciences View 100 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3096 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3096 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
EU/EEA3096 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3096 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.